Most of you will be familiar with setting up a custom menu in WordPress. If you haven’t come across this before, please see http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide to get started, then follow the steps below.
The Restaurant theme includes five locations for your navigation menus. These locations aren’t automatically setup on installation. We advise you set up each menu to ensure your site remains as in the demo site and functions as you would expect. You will need to set these menu locations under “Appearance -> Menus” from the WordPress admin area.
The menu locations that are available are:
- Main menu: This is the menu in the navigation bar at the very top of your site, and the main menu for your users to navigate through your pages.
- Main left menu: Use this option if you’ve selected to have your logo in the center of the menu. Enter the items, which appear to the left of the logo here.
- Main right menu: Use this option if you’ve selected to have your logo in the center of the menu. Enter the items, which appear to the right of the logo here.
- Footer menu: This will be the navigation section at the bottom of your page within the footer.
- Mobile main menu: This will be the top navigation menu on mobile devices, and will replace the normal main menu. This way you can slim down the menu, or present users with alternative pages for use on their mobile phone.