Thank you for using The Company. We built this theme specifically with a large range of companies in mind, hopefully it will help you to make a beautiful website easily.
To get a great overview of what the theme can do, we suggest taking a look at the various The Company Demos. Each demo site contains a variety of different elements, such as frontpages, blog pages, contact pages, shortcodes and more!
The documentation for this theme can be separated in the following sections:
- Quick Start: In this section we explain how to kickstart your project!
- Theme Settings: In this section we will look at the general theme settings and how this effects the theme
- Setting up the Navigation Menu: In this section we will set up a basic navigation menu for your website
- Setting up the Frontpage: In this section I will show you how to get the frontpage exactly like the demo
- Creating a Sections Page: In this section we will set up a tile page like we have in the demo
- Creating a Portfolio: In this section we will set up a portfolio item and create a portfolio section
- Using Bootstrap elements: In this section I will explain how to use the integrated Twitter Bootstrap elements in this theme
- Supported plugins: In this section we will go through some of the supported and included plugins
- Translating this theme: In this section I will explain how to translate this theme
- Customizations: In this section I will show you how you can easily make adjustments to the theme using a child theme
If you’re not familiar with WordPress and how to install a WordPress theme, take a look at the official WordPress Support: https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.