One of the key features of the Beauty Salon 2 Theme is the Tile Page. A Tile page can be used for a lot of things. For example, you can use it to display your products, services, shop locations and much more. An added bonus is that you can create several tile pages to display many different things across your whole site.
Creating a tile page is easy, it only requires two important steps:
Step One: Creating Tiles
First of all you’ll need to create tiles:
- Go to “Tiles -> Add New”.
- Insert a title for your first tile. This title will show at the top of the tile and on the tile detail page.
- Select the Tile type from the Tile options. The ‘Product’ option will display the tile with an image, the ‘Text’ option will show the tile without an image, but with the content and a coloured background.
- If you’ve selected the ‘Product’ option, select a Featured Image for your Tile. The perfect minimum size for the Tile image is 500px by 330px.
- Next step is to insert some content for your Tile. Keep in mind that if you’ve selected the ‘Text’ option, this content will show up inside the Tile itself, so keep it short.
- You have the option to make the Tile link to another page, instead of the default Tile detail page. This is handy if you want your ‘Text’ Tile link to direct to somewhere else on your site, such as your contact or reservations page.
- If you’ve selected the ‘Product’ option you can select the number of stars, enter a Tile subtitle and include a Tile price. In the latter you can also use the <span> element to display selective parts of your text in the tertiary theme color.
- If you’ve selected the ‘Text’ option you can give the Tile a special background. Do keep in mind that the text will always be white, so pick a color on which your content will still be visible.
- Now you’ve completed the steps above, select or create a new category on the right hand side of the page. These categories are important if you want to use the Tile filters later on.
Step Two: Creating a Tile page
The Tile page will display all the Tiles that you have chosen to display. To create a Tile page:
- Go to “Pages -> Add New”.
- Insert a Title for your page.
- For now skip the content and the featured image and select the “Tiles Page” page template from the dropdown on the right hand side of the page.
- In the “Tiles Page Options” below you can now select which tiles you wish to display. We’ve chosen to list all the created tiles here so you can select which ones you want to display by ticking the relevant checkbox. You can also reorder the tiles by dragging and dropping them into the required position.
- If you want to display the Tile filter on your page, check the “Display the filter” option. Once you selected this option, select the categories that you want to display. (These are the categories that we created earlier in step one: point nine when creating the tiles.)
- In our demo we’ve chosen to also display some additional information at the bottom of the page. You can do this too, simply insert some content in to the content area. You can also add a featured Image, that will be spread across the entire content area as a background. The image is scaled to fit when inserted onto the page, to ensure the image doesn’t look distorted or stretched.
- You can create several Tile Pages like this, each with different (or the same) Tiles.