To get the frontpage of the Beauty Salon 2 theme correct, there are three important areas that you’ll need to setup: the slider, content blocks and a static frontpage.
- Go to “Slides -> Add New”.
- Set up a title (this will show up in the slide).
- Select a featured image on the right side of the page. Make sure the image is at least 1000px by 620px, or the slider might not look the way you want. If the image is bigger then you should be ok.
- Insert a subtitle for your slider title. This is optional, but allows you to put add a bit more content into your slide.
- Insert a link for your slide. Note that this is also optional, you don’t have to use a link if your slide doesn’t require one.
- That’s all! You can repeat these steps to add multiple slides.
The content blocks can be set up in the Theme Settings panel. For more information, please click here.
If you want to add content to your frontpage then you´ll need to set this up in advance via the WordPress admin. By default WordPress will display a list of your recent blog posts. To change this and set up a static frontpage, go to “Settings -> Reading” and check the option for a static frontpage. From the dropdown select the page that you’d like to be the frontpage of your site. Please note that the frontpage won’t display the page title. It is standard practise for websites to not have a page title on the frontpage, as this will detract from your branding or site logo. The rest is exactly the same as on other pages.
For our demo site, we’ve set up the frontpage which includes a tile page which we’ll explain in the next section: Creating a Tile page.